At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
As our security architect, you will take ownership of our security architecture program across various Cloudflare information security functions.
We are looking for someone excited about solving complex security architecture challenges with next-generation technology on a global scale. You will be leading the overall strategy & design as well as partnering with other security teams to unify the security architecture strategy and frameworks into one cohesive security roadmap supporting the overall security function objectives.
What You’ll Do
Build and lead our security architecture program in the following areas:
- Security governance and strategy:
- Support security teams strategies and roadmaps
- Develop, maintain and promote security policies and standards
- Provide domain expertise in security architecture
- Establish scalable architecture framework and processes
- Support and develop threat modeling processes.
- Influence and mature engineering areas within all security team domains
- Establish security architecture reviews processes
- Establishes metrics and monitoring to report the effectiveness and efficiency of the Security Architecture function
- Regulatory Adherence and Risk:
- Ensure security architecture strategy aligns and supports the security certification program.
- Align the security architecture strategy with the security controls program
- Support the delivery of the continuous compliance program
- Design security solutions with measurable security performance and assurance in mind.
- Assess risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Mentorship and Culture Development:
- Take the lead in guiding our security team while cultivating a culture of heightened security awareness and technical acumen.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Network Security, SSDLC, cloud Security, MDM, IAM, cryptography.
- Conceptual Skills, Decision Making, Informing Others, Functional and Technical Skills, Dependability
- Information security policies and standards, security controls frameworks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a large number of projects simultaneously
- Mentoring, coaching and line managing others to become the best they can be.
- Equally adept at strategy formulation and tactical execution
- Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience communicating security architecture to the executive leadership
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.