Minnetonka, MN•December 9, 2023
Marco is a high-performing technology services company with a track record of creating rewarding careers. Whether you are early in your career ready for an exciting opportunity, or an experienced professional eager to elevate your skills with a Print & IT services and consulting industry leader, then you have come to the right spot.More about us. We make business technology Simple. Secure. Better. We do it all – from hosted/cloud services, copiers/printers, managed services, phone systems, document management, business IT services and audio/video systems. We are an organization with strong partnerships between sales and service. We have hundreds of sales professionals, engineers, and technicians ready to fix any and all customer problems. With over 50 years in the industry, Marco has a Gold Standard Culture with a focus on employee engagement, client satisfaction, vendor partnerships, and community partnership. Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.The Network Architect is responsible for designing internal networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet connectivity, and other data communications systems. The Network Architect creates, tests, and evaluates networks. An emphasis on security, growth and redundancy are critical to this position.
- Design and build technology environments to proper standards with associated documentation and processes and align to business requirements. This includes leading and managing projects in adherence with the Internal Systems framework, participating in vendor management, creating/maintaining documentation, and helping to create standards and documentation. Repeatable solutions will have a 'service request' defined to initiate and fulfill.
- Assist IT Operations to analyze data related to supported systems (including critical events) and make recommendations. Provide on-call support as an escalation point within IS and Managed Services as well as respond to severity one incidents within Marco and our customers (if applicable).
- Provide support to Marco users by responding in a timely fashion to needs and concerns relating to network and connectivity issues.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework. This will include designing, testing, and inspecting data communications systems.
- Gather requirements from end-users and other key stakeholders to ensure that existing and new technology solutions are in alignment with business needs and Enterprise Architecture defined technology capabilities.
- Report metrics and KPIs as appropriate.
- Operational readiness: Utilize best practice for how products should be prepared before they are released to production. Ensure that proper support documentation is created and provided to the Operations teams prior to turning over support. Maintenance and patching of vendor supplied systems.
- Design, implement, and fine-tune monitoring systems to balance timely response to availability-affecting events and limit false alerts.
- Configure network infrastructure to log required information and provide reports associated with corporate controls and security frameworks.
- Understand, maintain, and implement security standards and practices across the Marco networks.
- Maintain network device software and firmware with priority attention to security- and availability-affecting updates.
- Understand and assist in designing, maintaining, and implementing Marco’s disaster recovery and redundancy planning.
- Install hardware such as cables, routers, and wireless infrastructure.
- Determine optimal driver and system settings to maximize compatibility and performance.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Manage technology vendors.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Determine production direction.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Work with I.S. Director in designing technical systems and architecture and developing technology roadmaps.
- Work with team and internal customers to ensure best practices are being acquired and maintained for service levels.
- Attend required company and department meetings.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years previous related experience required. Experience including network analysis, wireless, and network security services required. Experience with and understanding of LDAP, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, etc. required. Solid understanding of routing and switching required.
- Required: Current mid-level industry recognized certifications including one or more of the following: CCNA, CCNP, or Azure-related network certification such as AZ-700.
- Preferred: CCIE certification
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as MS Office applications and Visio.
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no supervision.
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, client orientated team.