Financial Systems Analyst (Remote in Mexico)
Mexico - Remote••December 9, 2023
Job Profile Summary:Responsible for executing and creating comprehensive analysis spanning the entire revenue cycle to help ensure that all revenue is properly billed and recognized. Validates the integrity of new products and promotion setups within the billing system, assesses customer sales and provision activities, and reconciles and analyzes service and billing data. Work Location: Remote- Fluent, Bi-lingual (Spanish and English): Please submit a resume in English to be considered for the role. interviews will be held in English. - Role can work remotely in the states of Ciudad de Mexico, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Estado de Mexico and Puebla.- This opportunity is a permanent remote job, but you need to be based in Mexico at one of the above locations.
- Executes and creates highly complex comprehensive analysis spanning the entire revenue cycle to help ensure that all revenue is properly billed and recognized.
- Validates the integrity of new products and promotion setups within the billing system, assesses customer sales and provision activities, and reconciles and analyzes service and billing data.
- Identifies and prioritizes leakage risks, design and document efficient tests to detect leakage, and construct/implement scalable controls/reporting to mitigate and monitor risks on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with other BU's to address revenue cycle risks and to develop revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Defines and articulates value proposition and factors for success.
- Routinely prepare and deliver quality internal management reporting and ad hoc reporting for a variety of stakeholders.
- Highlights key analysis, conclusions and recommendations with regards to reporting.
- Responsible for monthly revenue assurance activities, including, but not limited to preparation of billing reports, evaluation of customer contracts, and updating customer billing information through CRM database.
- Provides work leadership for less senior analysts and/or has project responsibilities. Data Management:
- Revenue Recognition data and system capabilities SME
- Key contributor in upholding the established data governance process and provides guidance and recommendations on data proposals to end users
- Support audits involving the data governance processes
- Assist integration projects in defining, implementing and governing use of data in new reports, applications and tools
- Understand revenue data and transactional flow of multiple source systems to consolidation and reporting systems
- ERP, Reporting System and User Support:
- Liaise with IT and end users to resolve issues, maintain systems and applications and implement break fixes
- Facilitate month-quarter-year end close: End user support and solve issues in ERP environments and reporting environments
- Monitor, maintain and manage SQL logic that facilitate data flow activities and ensuring consistency of data across systems. Projects and Continuous Improvements:
- Collaborate closely between IT and Business by developing detailed business user requirements, system documentation, training and workflow procedures for projects and Continuous Improvement efforts
- Develop training and other processes to support and develop revenue accounting end users
- Assist integration and M&A projects in defining, implementing and governing use of data in new reports, applications and tools
- Advanced understanding of end-to-end revenue cycles for customers/products.
- Demonstrated ability to assess trends and relationships from a base of highly complex information.
- Ability to relate and compare data from different sources and identify cause and effect relationships.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of analysis, reporting, financial modeling, and auditing.
- Advanced follow-through skills using time-management and task prioritization.
- Capable of developing strong interdepartmental and cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to communication revenue information and ideas so others will understand.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting
- Experience working in SQL [Google Cloud Platform, Big Query]
- Experience working in Python
- Proficiency using Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Demonstrated proficiency towards use of systems and applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally