United States - Remote••December 10, 2023
Job Summary: The Rackspace Engagement Manager will manage several individual but related projects to the required standard of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost for the customer. The projects are typically medium to large, with medium complexity and have high risk exposure. Ensures the coherence of the Program and develops and maintains the appropriate environment to support each individual project within it. Responsible for the program producing a result which is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Statement of Work. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed. Work Location: Remote
- Develop project plans, defines timeframe, prioritizes tasks and monitors progress to achieve objectives.
- Manage customers, aligning business objectives with coordinated service deliveries, and ensure that our customers maximize the value they are seeing from their investment.
- Work with customers by utilizing your project management skills to put together on-boarding schedules and tasks.
- Provide guidance on how best to utilize our services, provide an escalation point for issues, and help provide reporting to ensure customers’ faith in the service.
- Create monthly and quarterly business reports to customers that demonstrate the ongoing value that our services provide.
- Collaborate with cloud engineers on ongoing backlog grooming and seek out new work within the bounds of active customer engagements.
- Lead the root cause analysis effort with the delivery team, when issues within a customer engagement arise.
- Coordinate different stakeholder perspectives to develop solutions; thinks holistically to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
- Make accurate judgments regarding time required to complete work; proactively manages team to ensure deadlines are successfully met; balances priorities simultaneously and seeks guidance when necessary.
- Conducts presentations in executive settings to convey project management, risk and technical information to stakeholders with varying comprehension levels.
- Use prescribed guidelines or processes in analyzing situations.
- Profile customer stakeholders to gain awareness of differing perspectives.
- Anticipate and take action to accomplish objectives; finds alternatives; accepts ownership for individual and team performance.
- Manage multiple tasks with constrained resources, determining relative urgency to make difficult trade-offs; maintains focus despite competing priorities and frequent context shifting.
- Identify methods for collecting data, performs data analyses and articulates findings.
- Develop simple models to understand the potential impacts of decisions under various scenarios.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required. At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of role required.
- The following certs are preferred: Project Management Professional, Certified Scrum Master, AWS Cloud Practitioner.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and when to apply agile vs. traditional methodologies to achieve the best outcome.
- Knowledge in filtering and providing data and reports to customers, utilizing PowerPoint and Excel. Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life