Job Summary: Key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone, ticketing system, and automation. This role owns customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. Work Location: Remote
- Be a technical point of escalation to the Cloud Support and Engineering teams
- Resolve customer issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required.
- Deliver key objectives for the Cloud Function.
- Monitor and provide maintenance for all related infrastructure.
- Ensure the control, integrity, and accessibility of the cloud environment for the enterprise.
- Perform tasks relating to system administration enhancements, problem management, process improvement, reporting, and customer infrastructure.
- Perform Workload/Workforce Management and Optimization related tasks.
- Provide technical expertise underpinning communications targeting a range of stakeholders - from individual contributors to leaders across the business.
- 7+ years of technical engineering
- Must have a professional certification related to a cloud technology
- Knowledge in the Azure Cloud Platform
- Skilled in at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java
- Skilled with git and git workflows
- Ability to leverage CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Linux or Windows OS, including but not limited to: Server Failover Clustering, Active Directory, IIS
- Ability to work in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC)
- Knowledge of designing, building, implementing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed, highly available systems
- Ability to use one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools
- Knowledge of services and protocols, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of hosting environments, including web servers, databases, caching, and database services
- Knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Skilled in VMWare, vSphere, and Hyper-V Platforms,
- Basic networking skills
- Knowledge of fibre channel SANS, NFS and vSAN
- Basic working knowledge of HP/DELL Server hardware platforms Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life